How can I connect SSTP from China?
The VPN server hostname - domain may be blocked for users in China. The best way how to bypass this domain blocking is to modify the "hosts" file on your system.
To edit the "hosts" file on Windows follow next steps:
- Click "Start" – search for “Notepad“, right-click and select “Run as Administrator“. This should launch notepad with elevated privileges.
Now, open the "hosts" file from the File menu:
- Windows 95/98/Me c:\windows\hosts
- Windows NT/2000/XP Pro c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
- Windows XP Home/Vista/7 c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
- At the end of the file please enter all SSTP servers (IP and hostname) line by line as you can see on the following screenshot. To get the latest list of SSTP server's IP addresses please contact us.
- Save the "hosts" file.
- Try to connect SSTP VPN.