Before you start you need to download three packages from here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/sstp-client/files/.
- sstp-client deb package from sstp-client section
- network-manager-sstp-gnome deb package from network-manager-sstp section
- network-manager-sstp deb package from network-manager-sstp section
Please download the ones that are matching your systems architecture (i386 for 32-bit systems and amd64 for 64-bit systems).
We have used these 3 files in this configuration guide:
Click on "Dash home".
Type "Terminal" and push "Enter". It will run the Terminal aplication.
In the Terminal:
- Change the curent directory to the derectory where are the downloaded files saved:
- $ cd /home/unblockvpn/Downloads/
- $ sudo dpkg --install sstp-client_1.0.4_i386.deb
- $ sudo dpkg --install network-manager-sstp-gnome_0.9.1-0ubuntu2_i386.deb
- $ sudo dpkg --install network-manager-sstp_0.9.1-0ubuntu2_i386.deb
Reboot your device.. After the reboot click the connection icon, choose "VPN Connections" and click "Configure VPN...".
Choose "VPN" and click "Add".
Choose "SSTP" and click "Create...".
Fill the correct values as you can see on image below in the green box (sstp- must be prior standard server address. EXAMPLE: eu.finevpn.com -> sstp-eu.finevpn.com). Then click "Advanced...".
Set SSTP Advanced Options as you see on the image below and click "OK".
Choose "IPv4 Settings" and fill Google Public DNS (18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124) as the "DNS servers". Then click "Save...".
Close the "Network Conections" window.
Click the connection icon, choose "VPN Connections" and click on the new SSTP VPN connection "UnblockVPN.com SSTP".
Now you should be successfully connected to the Unblock VPN. You should see the message on image below.
For disconnection click the connection icon, choose "VPN Connections" and click "Disconnect VPN".back to downloads